"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Since Thanksgiving

*We had church at Lake Lanier Islands.  The fog was thick but the temperature was great.  Violet cried and fussed the whole time because she had to sit still and the boys sang with their choirs.  It really was lovely.  I hope we're able to continue the tradition.  

A friend of mine took this picture of Pastor Franklin goofing off with the Generation Praise kids.  Jordan's to his right.


*We (finally) got a Christmas tree up.  We were going to go to the tree farm but it was raining on C's day off so we just  bought one at Lowe's.  The boys had it decorated by the time I came home.  Pictures to come.

*Violet ate Desitin and I had to call Poison Control.  No harm done, in case you've ever wondered. 

*The weather's been crazy.  Freezing cold high temps in 30's over Thanksgiving and then balmy highs in the 70's a few days later.  It was so hot last week that we all wore short sleeves to an evening outdoor performance of Shaun's choir.  
This is the only picture I took.  I chased Violet around the square in Dahlonega the entire time.  The fact that she is hardly ever still is supported by this blurry photo.  

*The oldest, the youngest, and I went to dinner after the concert. 

*I decided to be brave and take all three kids to the Christmas parade in Clermont all by myself.  We got all bundled up and found a good spot on the sidewalk close to where the parade was ending…and then  10 minutes later it was over.  Ha!  Such a small parade.  We thought it would kill a lot more time than it did.  

*I went to my niece's horse show without taking any allergy medicine beforehand.  I had a bad attack and had to go to my friend's birthday party with itchy, watery, eyes and sneezing up a storm.  

*The Christmas season is here and along with it comes parties!  We have two this week, one next week, and I think one the week after that.  It's a good thing we love finger foods!

No comments: