"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve's Eve 2013

I love, LOVE December 23.  Christmas Eve's Eve.  It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.  There's such excitement in the air… it's almost Christmas Eve!  And then Christmas is here!  I love it.  

Because we are both last-minute shoppers, my sister and I have a Christmas Eve's Eve tradition.  We get a late start that evening and finish up our shopping.  I always start out in a great mood, but it fades after a few hours and I get grouchy.  I still love it though!  Last night Lori and I had two tag-alongs.  My two oldest nieces came with us because one of them had been promised a Pillow Pet.  We spent most of the night looking for that Pillow Pet and finally found it at our second Wal-Mart at midnight.  Ha!

We were also looking for Granny's Christmas present.  We heard through the grapevine the she wanted clothes and shoes.  Then the grapevine changed her mind and said that Granny never really said she wanted clothes and shoes.  Lori had the idea to get her an electric mixer.  Granny makes lots of cakes and we couldn't remember her ever using anything except her old fashioned mixer that you turn with a handle.  We needed to make sure that she really didn't have one, so I called and asked what our Christmas dinner assignments were.  Then I nonchalantly asked her if she had an electric mixer because Lori misplaced hers and needed it for Christmas cooking.  It turns out that Granny does have an electric mixer and that my mom gave it to her for Christmas last year.  Ha ha!  Oh, well.  We wound up getting her some things for her little dog, Cocoa.  We think she'll love them!  

It was already Christmas Eve when we finally finished and it definitely shows in the bags under my eyes!  I can't wait til next year!

No comments: