"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, September 23, 2013

Talent Night at the Home Church

Last night was Talent Night at my parents' church.  They asked Shaun to participate a few weeks ago, but we thought we had plans.  The plans changed, so yesterday we found ourselves at home on a Sunday afternoon.  This is rare. My mom again asked Shaun if he wanted to play a song on the piano for Talent Night.  Of course, he did and we found ourselves scrambling to prepare something.  This was his first time playing the piano in public, so it was a big deal to us.  Mom asked Jordan and Chris to sing, too, so all three of the Smith men were frantically trying to come up with songs to sing and play.  

Shaun was the first of our crew to perform that night.  My dad accompanied him on his bass.  So sweet, and they did so well.  Shaun was nervous.  So nervous he said he was shaking, and I'm so proud of him for going through with it anyway.  

I sat in the back of the church with my Granny and couldn't even see my dad.  



My mom took this picture from her seat up front.

Chris was up next.  He sang a song alone first and the plan was for Jordan to come join him for a second song.  Only Jordan had a case of cold feet and wouldn't leave his pew.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.  

It was a nice service.  After church the boys went home with my parents so Chris whisked me away on a date to Loco's.  He whisked Violet, too.  She must have been super hungry because she ate and ate and didn't make a sound.  It was a good day.   



No comments: