"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This one's for the girls...

I have a clique. A clique of chicks. Really, we're just a group of homeschooling moms who go to church together and have become kindred spirits...Bosom Buddies, if you will. We're all as different as night and day but somehow we all clicked and, over this past year, have become extremely close. There's no doubt in my mind that God brought these wonderful women to me just when I needed them the most.

We laugh together. Get together for Thursday night breaks. We've cried together, prayed together, worshiped together, decided to lose weight together. You get the picture. It really does seem as though we've been "together" for years and years. The Hubs began affectionally calling us "The Clique" and it stuck.

For the record, we're not a snobby clique. Anyone who loves Jesus and loves to laugh is welcome to join.

Anyway, this morning I was praying for my friends because praying for each other is one of the things we do best. As I lifted up each one of their needs to God it occurred to me that we are one seriously messed up group. I mean, really. In under a year we've gone through sickness, loss of children, legal battles, financial problems, depression, issues with our husbands, and heartbreaks over our children. And this is just the stuff we tell each other about!

Each time one of us has a crisis, we band together. We've never had to ask if we should do something. We automatically do it. We pray. Bring meals. Tell each other to get over ourselves and get to La Parilla even if we haven't showered and are wearing sweats! We've shopped for funeral clothes together, held prayer vigils, baby-sat each others' kids, stayed up all night long coloring each others hair, and confided secrets. We've seen each other at our best and worst. And we've made it out alive!

We've been singing this song at church a good bit lately. Its by Kari Jobe. It reminds me of us. In all that we've been through as a group and as individuals, (and we've been through a lot) God has been right there by our sides. He always has. He always will. He's faithful and constant...even when we fail ourselves or each other.

And so, this one is for my clique. I love you ladies and thank God for giving you to me.



You Are For Me
kari jobe


So faithful. So constant.
So loving and so true.
So powerful in all You do.

You fill me. You see me.
You know my every move
and You love for me to sing to You.

I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses

I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.

So patient, So gracious,
So merciful and true…
So wonderful in all You do.
You know me. You see me.
You know my every move.
You love for me to sing to You

Lord, I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.

To remind me that
I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.

I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that You will come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me of who You are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you my kindred sisters!
~ Rebecca

Anonymous said...

You are awesome Erin! May God continue to bless you always. ~ Evelyn