"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Glasses

A few weeks ago, The Hubs purchased himself some glasses. From a stand in the mall. His vision doesn't require him to wear glasses in order to see. He just saw these glasses and thought they looked really cool, so he bought them. Here he is. In his new glasses. (This is the best picture I could find)


Can you see them? Cool glasses, right?

As a person who MUST wear contacts or glasses in order to see anything clearly, I think the idea of wearing fake glasses is silly. And I've made my opinion known. But Chris still loves his glasses, and he wears them all the time.

Last week, brave soul that he is, my Hubs took our two children to the movies by himself. "Karate Kid" was playing, and they were all super excited to see it. When they returned, I asked him how things went. This is a recap of our conversation:

Me: So, how'd it go tonight? How were the kids?

Chris: It was okay.

Me: Okay, what happened?

Chris: "Stinkin' Jordan. He was --

Shaun: Jordan was standing up in his chair doing karate chops and kicks. Everybody saw him.

Me: Huh? Why was he doing that? Chris...did you let him stand on his chair and behave that way in a movie theater??

Chris: I didn't know he was doing it until I heard the people behind us laughing.

Me: Were you three not sitting together? How could you not know this was going on?

Chris: I was right beside Jordan. I just didn't notice what he was doing because...well, okay. If you must know, it was because I was wearing my glasses and the frames get in the way of my peripheral vision. That's why I didn't notice. But as soon as I heard those people laughing I looked to see what was going on and I made him stop.

I could NOT keep myself from laughing. Tonight, we finally took the kids to see "Shrek Forever After". And Chris left his glasses at home.



No comments: