"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 5, 2010

Not Me! Monday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to < target="_blank" href="http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog/a> to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

While at a Fourth of July fireworks event with my family, my sister and her family, and some friends of ours, I did NOT have "adult conversation" with my sister and our friend throughout the entire National Anthem. Even though we were practically miles away from the loudspeakers, I was NOT oblivious to the fact that everyone around me was singing and giving me the evil eye. That would be so unpatriotic and I would never, ever disrespect my nation that way. Especially on the Fourth of July. Not Me!

I was NOT compared to the Taliban by my own husband for my (accidental) failure to sing The National Anthem. Not Me!

While at a youth conference with some teens from church last weekend, I did NOT send some of said teens on a mission to find an Eclipse t-shirt for me to purchase while I went into another store looking for jeans. That would be just crazy. And, I did NOT do this because I was too embarrassed to go into Hot Topic by myself. I also did NOT, after being unable to find a satisfactory shirt at the mall, find and order the perfect shirt on eBay. Not Me!

No comments: