"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, June 14, 2010

Addiction

I have a new one. Words with Friends. If you have an iPhone, Blackberry, or any other kind of phone that is capable, go to your App Store right this minute and download the *free* version. Then join me in a friendly game of Scrabble. Search for my user name...Erin012...and challenge me! Your chances of winning are fairly good, as I stink at this game. But its only my first day! I think my problem is that I'm too impatient...and I don't like to think about things for too long. Whatever. I still have fun!

My good friend Halston turned me on to this game today. Actually-if I'm going to be totally truthful-she took my phone from me (during a nursing home visitation with our church), downloaded the app, and even chose my user name for me. Some might say she's a tiny bit controlling...but that's an issue for a whole different post. :) Kidding! I love her! Chris and I have had a game going with her since around noon today. Part of the beauty of Words with Friends is that it's self-paced. Players can take thier turns when they have a spare minute, or they can wait hours in between turns if they're stumped. One can even play while driving, but I don't recommend it. Ahem.

So, today after I had been engaged (off and on, of course!) in an intense game of Scrabble for about 5 hours when the family and I arrived at Shaun's karate class. When we walked inside and made our way past the reception desk to our seats, I overheard the receptionist, Michelle, saying something to the tune of "...Words with Friends. Its free! Its so addictive!" Needless to say, I jumped right into that conversation and picked up 2 more user names to challenge, so I can play until my heart is content.

So. Get the app. And challenge me!

No comments: