"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Awesome Weekend Recap

This past weekend was wonderful.  The Smith's had a lot of fun:

Chris had band practice Friday night, so the kids and I spent the afternoon and evening with Aunt Lori and the cousins.  It was a bit stressful, but we had a good time anyway.  We got home around 9:00, and the band was still going.  Luckily the kids conked out pretty quickly.  I got to relax in my room.  I watched a movie that wasn't great, but it didn't really matter.  

Saturday was long.  We all went to Shaun's sparring class.  He did a great job, as usual.  After class, we went to 3-D Life to get our Christmas Tree.  I just loving going to 3-D Farm.  They are a drug and alcohol rehab center for teen boys.  The entire group attends Free Chapel with us, so we see first hand the work God is doing in this ministry.  We went on a hay ride and cut our own tree.  Jordan's favorite part of the trip was all of the dogs on the farm.  Here are some pics:







We also went to a Christmas parade Saturday night.  It was freezing, and we almost froze our tails off, but we had a good time.  My nieces were in the parade- their ballet class had a float- so it was fun to see them riding down the street with all of the other little ballet girls.  

Sunday, we had a great service at church.  The kids and I sat in on Kidpak's 3rd service, and I got these shots of Chris showing off his awesome bass/vocal skills.  




It was a good weekend.  Very good, indeed. 

No comments: