"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Just Us Girls

The boys are at Summer Xtreme this week, so I'm spending lots of time with Violet.  We're having a great time together!  She did get very upset yesterday and today when we dropped her brothers off at church, but after that, it's smooth sailing.  

Yesterday, we spent an hour at the YMCA, went to the chiropractor, had lunch with my mom, visited a friend who has a new baby, shopped, had dinner with Chris and the boys, and then came home and crashed.  That was a busy day!

Today was a little more low-key.  We started out at the YMCA again.  Then, we had plans to meet up with some friends at the spray ground.  

The spray ground was closed for repairs. Violet took the news rather hard.

We did play with our friends on the playground, though.  It was a nice day.  Not too hot!


This is Violet and her "best friend" Natalee.  Natalee's grandma and I have decided that they're going to be friends, no matter what. Ha!  They were born just a few months apart and have spent lots and lots of time together at church.  They get along really well most of the time.

My friend Elia brought her girls, too.  
Here's the best picture I could get of the "big girls", Natalee, Halle, and Violet.  I didn't get a picture of baby Bethany. 

We left the park and had lunch at Subway.  The girls made such a mess and things got a little crazy there at the end of our meal.  I think we were all in desperate need of a nap.  Violet came home and crashed.  She slept for three hours!

During all this time, the boys were having a blast at Summer Xtreme.  They went to Frances Meadows today.  I have absolutely no pictures of Jordan, but my friend Monica took this shot of Shaun on the diving board.

I saw this picture of Chris on Kidpak's Facebook page and had to share it.  

Violet and I picked the boys up and hurried back home because Jordan had football conditioning at 7:00.  This is voluntary.  I tried, extremely hard, to talk him out of just skipping this week but he wouldn't hear of it.  

Of course, Violet had to get in on the action.  Jordan worked really hard tonight.  He's improved so much since last season.

Finally it was home, dinner, baths, and now all of the kids are sleeping.  

Tomorrow's another busy day!

No comments: