"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, September 9, 2011

quoted

Shaun always surprises me. I get all anxious and nervous about teaching him a new skill, and it's all for nothing. Like in math this week. We were learning the 9 multiplication facts.

Honestly... I still don't know all of my 9's. I had to give myself a refresher course before we started, and it didn't do much good. I'm not the smartest at math.

But, Shaun picked up his 9's very quickly. Much more quickly than I ever anticipated. We started on Tuesday. We watched his Math U See video together and went over some flash cards before getting started on lesson 1. And he finished his worksheet in about 5 minutes. And it was all correct. And I asked if he was cheating. He wasn't.

After I was finished bragging on him, he looked up at me and said, "Yeah, I think you really taught me something this time."

This made me laugh so hard. But then I thought... what does he think I'm doing every other time we have school? Ha ha! I'm glad he felt confident enough to realize he learned something.

No comments: