"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Home School Connection Kickoff Party 2011

My family had a great time tonight kicking off the school year with our church family. This is our 3rd year home schooling, and we've been a part of our church's Home School Connection since we started on this journey. I remember our first kickoff party two years ago. I was so nervous and unsure of myself. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had an (incorrect) preconceived notion that home schooling moms wore dresses every day and never got hair cuts. Thank goodness, I was wrong! I remember walking into the room that night and seeing tons of families I already knew but didn't know were home schoolers. What a relief. We had a great time that night as well, and I blogged about it here. We were a great group back then, and are even better now. We've grown. There are many more families and we've made lots of new friends over the past 2 years. Some of my best friendships have stemmed from this group. I'm so thankful for everyone involved.

As I was saying, tonight was awesome. Chris led worship again, along with his new band- Ambered Stripes. I was actually manning the sign in table and didn't get to watch, but I could hear everything and they sounded amazing.



Shaun performed in a skit with his drama group. The skit was called "Daniel and the Mysterious Dream". Shaun portrayed one of the Hebrew boys... I think he was Shadrach. It was a hilarious reenactment of King Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Shaun was a little nervous, but he did really well. We're very proud of him.




There was also tons of food, laughs, and fellowship.




This year's party was also exciting because my sister was there! She began home schooling her children this year. I'm happy to be able to spend this time with her. Here we are tonight with our friend Becki.


I would just like to say here that I do NOT like pictures of myself, but I do love my friends. They make me happy. So I posted these pictures anyway. :)

We partied, ate, laughed, and talked for about four hours. Some of us may have had a little too much sugar.


After the party was over, a few of us stayed to clean up. And then we let our kids have a little party of their own while we were waiting for our men to bring our cars to the door. The sprinkler system came on and we let our children dance and splash in the water. Are we the coolest or what?


I'm at home now, nursing a headache. I probably jarred my neck or something during one of my fits of laughter. I think it's definitely worth it.



No comments: