"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, September 3, 2011

musical rooms

Life has been hectic lately. We're still trying to find our "groove" for this year. Shaun is doing really, really well in school. Jordan is too... when he can make himself sit down and do it. Have I mentioned that I don't think his curriculum is working out for him? That's a whole 'nother post.

Anyway. Life is hard right now. New co-op. New school year. It is so much harder for me to home school 2 children than it was to home school 1. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before. I don't think we made the wrong decision. I just haven't gotten used to this yet.

I've spent the past few weeks barely getting by. At the end of the day, I'm spent. I hadn't checked my email in about a month because I just didn't have time. I peeked into my inbox the other day and saw that I had 500 messages. Instead of reading them all, I opted to just delete everything and start over. I feel good about this decision. I went to the grocery store yesterday, for the first time in 3 weeks. I didn't wait so long because we had no money, I just didn't have time. So we've been eating out a lot. I found "Crock Pot Girls" on Facebook and loaded up on crock pot dish ideas for the next 2 weeks. It's nice to have food in the house again.

Clutter has taken over. The Hubs finally had enough and declared today a work day. He took a load of our old, unused stuff off to the dump. Said we needed to have a place for everything and to keep everything in it's place. We rearranged some rooms. The old school room is now his computer room. Jordan's old bedroom is now the new school room. I'm in here now. It's quiet, down the hall from the living room and out of the way. I can see this room becoming my reading room as well.

We moved some of the boys "louder" toys downstairs. That way, they can play without annoying everyone and we can also get a break from each other during the day. My kids and I love each other, but breaks are often needed.

There's still a lot to do, but I can breath now. Breathing is nice.

No comments: