"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Doors

I've been on an emotional roller coaster ride this week. Elated to disappointed to down-right discouraged and now I've settled back into contentment.

My family and I were presented with an opportunity this week for something that we had been praying about for awhile. We were elated and excited with anticipation while waiting to see if it would work out. We prayed about this situation, my husband and I. I love to hear him pray. I love to hear my husband be blunt with God- no beating around the bush or trying to sugar-coat our needs or praises or prayer requests. One night last week, while in prayer over our family's future, Chris prayed for God's will to be done. For God to make His will known to us. For doors to be opened if we should move forward and for doors to be "slammed in our faces" if we should not.

And...just like that...today the door was, seemingly, slammed in our faces. In all honesty, we were a little let down when we heard the news. Or a lot. But then, as we were driving home and I was blinking back tears it occurred to me that God had, in fact, answered our prayer. I have to believe that He is protecting us...our finances, our children, our marriage. He knows what He's doing. And He really does know what's best for us.

So tonight, I'm resting in contentment and thanking God for closed doors.

No comments: