"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Turning 30

As it turned out, I was worried for nothing. 30 was my best birthday yet. No depression. No anxiety. No silly gag gifts. Only a few "getting older" jokes. What I did get, on my birthday, was time with my family and some peace of mind. And some great gifts, too!

On my actual birthday, my family threw a joint party for myself and my niece Jaycee. She was six and I was....well. You know! I was dreading this party. I don't relish being the center of attention. But it was nice. I was loved on and spoiled. And my mom had Italian Cream cake. I spent time laughing with my aunts and my cousins. It was a good night. I don't have any pictures though. Bummer.

Tonight, I celebrated with my girlfriends. I had planned a GNO....a non-party. Just dinner and a movie with my favorite ladies. But, these awesome friends of mine conspired behind my back and treated me to the sweetest night I could imagine. Original poems. Fondest memories. Tears and laughter. Cards and gifts, too. Seriously, I will never forget it.



I am so, so blessed!

No comments: