"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, January 24, 2011

Lately

Lately I have been:

1. Teaching my boys handwriting. I finally broke down and began to teach Shaun how to write in cursive. Against my wishes. I personally feel like this is a dying art with no real purpose, what with us being smack in the middle of the computer age and all. But...he expressed an interest and I felt as if I should support it. We began today, learning the "undercurve swoop" and mastering the letters "i" and "t". He did a great job! Tomorrow its on to "u" and "w".


Jordan's been writing, too. The old fashioned way. He can write his name somewhat legibly, and now we're moving on to the other letters. One of his favorite activities is to "practice his letters" on his dry erase booklets. Really. Here's a shot of him practicing on an ordinary sheet of paper. (We were at church for Shaun's drama class and I forgot his bookbag in the car.)


2. Trying to get healthy. A group of my girlfriends and I have a plan. A plan that's gonna work once and for all. How do I know its gonna work? Several reasons. All of which I'll blog about later.

3. Getting really excited about getting healthy.

4. Reading.



5. Saving some money by switching car insurance companies.

6. Celebrating Jordan's 5th birthday.

7. Wondering how on Earth he can really be 5 years old in only 4 short days.

8. Weepy.

9. Encouraged by my friends...


10. ...and feeling hurt by some others.

11. Watching Season 1 of "The Vampire Diaries".

12. Reading 1 Corinthians and feeling extremely convicted.

13. Meeting new friends at our co-op.

14. Feeling extremely blessed.

No comments: