"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jordan's 5th Birthday Party

We celebrated Jordan's birthday on Saturday...even though he won't actually be 5 until
Friday. Which has caused quite a bit of confusion for him. I think he had fun at his party anyway.

As with most of our birthday parties, the day began with some stress. Chris had some work to do. The kids were a little antsy. And I had tons of errands to run. So Jordan and I dropped Daddy off at church (where the party was to be held) a few hours beforehand so he could get his work done and then we headed out to pick up a few last-minute things.

Of course, I ran late. Don't I always? I was leaving the mall at 12:45 and wondering how in the world I would get everything done by 2:00. And then my phone rang. I answered the phone to hear one of my favorite voices say "Auntie Erin, do you need any help with Jordan's party? I'm in town with nothing to do..."

Ahhh, Josalynd...she was such a God-send that day! Not only did we get to visit, but she helped us set everything up on time. I'm so thankful for this girl!

And she's just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside!

But back to Jordan's party.

I think everyone had a good time. Jordan was blessed with many, many gifts and it was so nice to get together with some friends we hadn't been able to see in awhile.

My friend Rachel was kind enough to take pictures for me. Love this girl. She's also a God-send and was such a big help to me. It was so nice to be able to focus on the party and to not be worried that we wouldn't have any pictures. Because she's such a talented photographer, I had a hard time finding a photo of her...she's usually behind the camera instead of in front of it! I managed to find a shot of her taken before Christmas at another birthday party.

Isn't she pretty?

But again, back to Jordan's party...



Even the big kids enjoyed themselves!

I made the ice cream cake...my first birthday cake ever. I was proud of myself....even if there was no baking involved!

Jordan and his friend Elijah. Adorable in their skinny jeans.

I got this one from Mrs. Nesbitt

5 years old!

No comments: