"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, November 8, 2010

On when I had the Wierdest Dream Ever

I had a *crazy* dream the other night. Actually, it occurred sometime between 5:30 and 8:00 am. And I want to remember it, so I'm writing it down here. Enjoy!

My sister and I needed a haircut. She had found a flier advertising $20 haircuts....at some fancy schmancy salon that we could never, ever afford to go to, unless we had a coupon or something like that. This flier stated that "new clients only" could receive a $60 haircut for only $20. Awesome. But, the only problem was that I knew we wouldn't be considered "new clients" because we had visited this particular salon before, when they were having "new talent" haircuts for cheap. (Which we really did, back in March. Creepy!)

I tried to explain this to my dear sister, but she wouldn't listen. So off we went. For some reason, she had to stop at a lawyers office on the way. So we stopped. In real life, the building for her lawyer's office is a car repair shop about five minutes from my house. In my dream, it still looked like the car repair shop, but inside were lawyers just working away. And there just happened to be a cheap hair salon adjoining the office. It was kinda like Great Clips, but it was called "Cheap Clips".

While she was discussing unknown matters with her lawyer, I waited in the waiting room, where I struck up a conversation with the receptionist. By this time in my dream, the lawyers office had turned into my doctors office. Anyway, I was telling the receptionist about our hair appointment. She told me that this flier was a fraud, and that she had tried to go to the same salon for a $20 haircut and it wound up costing her a fortune because of the "hidden costs". Ha ha! So, I walked through the sliding glass door into the "Cheap Clips" to make a hair appointment that I could afford! I wrote my name in the registration book and the only stylist there said it would be a few minutes. So I waited. (By the way, the inside of Cheap Clips looked exactly like the inside of the car repair shop, except for one of those hair cutting chairs.)

I had been waiting a few minutes when I noticed my sister driving away in her car, leaving me behind. I ran outside and caught up with her, using my super-fast running skills. I tried to explain to her once again about the fraudy hair salon flier, but she wouldn't listen. Again. We drove to the salon, where they wouldn't even see us because we weren't "new clients". Ugh.

Back to the car we went, and determined to get a haircut, we drove back to "Cheap Clips", where I received a tongue-lashing for not keeping my earlier appointment. The woman stylist from earlier in the dream disappeared and my hair was cut by a man. A very nice man who also cut my sister's hair. During the middle of my haircut, my friend Cynthia came into the Cheap Clips. She was wearing the exact same "TEAM EDWARD" shirt that I was wearing. I leapt from my chair and we had a frenzied conversation about how we each didn't know that the other was a Twilight fan and what a big coincidence it was and how she needed to come to my house for my Eclipse viewing party. (Which I am really having!) Then she left and I continued on with my haircut.

After our cuts, when we were back in the car, my sister starts showing me photos on her phone of me getting my hair cut....by Steve Carell. I began to freak out, exclaiming that I didn't even realize it was Steve Carell who was cutting my hair. I went on and on about how nice he was and what a great job he was did, and of course I updated my Facebook status with "...just had my hair cut by Steve Carell!". I call my dad to tell him and he asks "Has he told Hollywood yet that he's leaving to be a hair dresser at Cheap Clips?"

And that's all I remember. I quite enjoyed that dream! But I'm thinking that maybe I'm watching too many of "The Office" reruns on NetFlix before bed.

No comments: