"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jordan's First Big Service

This morning at church, Jordan couldn't decide which classroom he wanted to be in. There are two choices for the four year olds at the 9:00 am service, and Jordan just could not choose between the Leopard class and the Tiger class.

So, I had an idea.

"Say, Jordan. Would you like to come upstairs to church with me?"

He looked at me and whispered, "To the big service?"

I told him sure, but explained that he must be quiet and remain in his seat the whole time. No funny business. He agreed, and off we went.

We sat waaaay up in the balcony, so we could make a quick getaway if the need arose. But, to my surprise, no getaway was needed. Shortly after the service began, an older couple came and sat right beside us. The woman looked at Jordan and then asked if we were visitors. I assured her that no, we were not visitors. She then went on to make sure I knew that there was "Sunday School" downstairs for the kids. Again, I assured her that I knew the routine. She "reminded" me of this fact several times. Apparrently she really thought Jordan belonged down there!

I guess my boy's growing up. Sometimes I forget that he's almost five years old. Anyway, he was really, really well-behaved. He sat in his own seat for most of the service, and then moved to my lap. The only issue was during the invitation song. Everyone stood up, and Jordan tried to stand in his seat. When he did this, his little feet slipped though the opening in the theater seats and were stuck there for a few minutes. He was able to get himself out quietly, though. And then it was over.

I hope he comes with me again next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love that he came with you to the "big service". That makes me smile so..well big! lol. I can't believe that lady just kept reminding you that there was "Sunday School", crazy crazy! I am so so glad that Jordan had fun upstairs, though!