"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, March 26, 2010

Forks

And no, Twihards, I'm not referring to Forks, Washington :)

I'm talking about forks. Or rather, swords. You know. What Jordan uses when he's pretending to be Raph. Ahem. As is "Rapheal", the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Unfortunately, I'm being serious.

He found some plastic white forks the other day and has been using them as his weapons ever since. He even managed to sneak a pair of them into church for Easter rehearsal yesterday. I was forced to bribe him with ice cream in order to convince him to throw them away. Thankfully, he only uses his swords in battles with pretend villains. So far, no ones been hurt!

I took this picture of him today. You can't tell, but he's not wearing any pants. The reason, if you're curious, is because "Ninjan turtles don't wear pants".


Aside from the obvious hilarity of this photo, I'm also amused by the way Jordan pronounced "Ninja" as "Ninjan". Why? Because its the same way my baby cousins (who are 24 years old now!) pronounced it when we would play Turtles together as children. And, if you look closely, you'll notice that one of Jordan's swords is missing a prong. Shredder must have gotten ahold of it.

No comments: