"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Season 2008

Wow.  Christmas is over.  A new year's begun.  I kind of feel like I've ran a marathon.  All the hype has calmed down, at least for a few days, and we've been relaxing.  Christmas was great this year.  The kids got what they wanted, and Chris and I didn't go overboard (too much).  We actually came close to sticking to our budget.  More importantly, we spent time with our family.  We had the best  Christmas on record with Chris' family.  My grandmother is feeling better.  I've realized even more this Christmas how much I have to be thankful for. 

I turned 28 last week.  And I didn't get depressed.  For as long as I can remember, I have gotten depressed over Christmas and my birthday.  Don't  know why.  This year, I just didn't want to deal with all of that.   So I prayed and prayed for God to take that depression away from me.  And you know what?  He did!  It was a hectic birthday- Shaun and I had to be at Egleston for an appointment at 8:30 am.  Afterwards we had 2 other places to be, and we went out for a birthday lunch at Red Lobster.  That night, Chris and I went out and we had a great time.  I was also spoiled a little- 2 shirts, a picture, a book, pearl earrings/necklace/bracelet, some moolah, and some stationary.  I had been dreading this day.  My first birthday without my Mamaw.  But it turned out pretty good- the best b-day I've had as an adult.  I was filled with a sense of peace throughout the day, and it hasn't left me yet.  Praise God.

We rang in the new year at my sister's house.  Lori and I tried to watch "The Parent Trap", but our husbands wouldn't stand for it...especially after we sang along with the opening credits.  I guess they just don't know good entertainment when its right in front of them!

Today my family and I slept in and ran errands.  We found a cheap new restaurant and then let the kids play at Jumpy Jax.  I got some new shoes with my birthday money and a new book.  Afterwards the kids and I went to visit with my grandparents.  We had a wonderful visit.  I'm so glad my Granny is feeling more like herself.  

Tomorrow its supposed to be warmer.  If it doesn't rain, we'll go to the park.  I'm praying for sun!

No comments: