"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sun's Out!


Well, for the third day in a row, there's been no rain in North Georgia.

!!!!


This is something to be excited about, since the weather was rainy for 10 days straight.  

Literally!

The rain moved in Thursday before last, right in the middle of football practice and didn't let up until  Monday of this week.  It was serious rain.  Downpours.  Roads were washed away.  Violet's rain boots had to be emptied of water before we came inside.  Just lots of rain.  

I normally love a good rainy day, but I was over it by about the 4th day.  It just becomes inconvenient after a while.  Yes, we were drowning in rain, but life went on.  We still had field trips, church, errands, piano practice, band rehearsal, and football practice.  All in the pouring rain.  Jordan's football game was even rained out on Saturday, which is pretty much unheard of.  There was just so much rain!

Once we had been drenched for about a week, all of the usual rain jokes began flooding Facebook.  I'd heard most of them before:

..."Noah called, he's picking us up in ten minutes."

...If this rain keeps up, I'm gonna grow myself some webbed feet."

And two of my personal  favorites:
..."I'm going to need some Zoloft if I don't get some Vitamin D".

..."I keep waiting for the glittery vampires to show up."


And then there was this one that I really liked:

..."What if Whip/Nae Nae was really a rain dance and we brought all of this on ourselves?"

This one made me laugh and laugh.

Finally, the sun came out on Monday and we've been dry ever since.  The kids and I are so much happier.  At least, we're less cranky.  Ha!  We've been spending lots of time outdoors.  You know, NOT taking the sun for granted anymore.  



No comments: