"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, September 11, 2015

Labor Day!

We spent Labor Day up at Vogel State Park with my parents, my sister, and all of the kids.  

It was kind of a last minute trip, but I was glad my mom invited us.  She and dad go camping to relax, and there's nothing about having us all together that's relaxing.  Ha! They enjoyed having us, I think, but I'm pretty sure that they were glad when it was time for us to go.  :)

We actually arrived right behind my parents, who were staying for the whole week.  Jordan went with them to their campsite to set up, and the rest of us went to the lake to swim.  

Violet made friends with this adorable little boy.  She even shared her watering can with him, with a little coaxing.  

My parents and Jordan came back to the lake and Jordan went fishing with  my dad while the rest of us kept swimming.  





I really like Vogel.  If I was a camping type of person, I'd spend a lot of time there.  

After a while we went back to the campsite for lunch.  The kids and Chris played in the river and I visited with my parents and sister.  Oh, and our friend Suzanne.  


It really was a good day!

No comments: