"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

As I'm sure you're aware, Mother's Day was last Sunday.  My family gave me my present a few days early... a day to myself!

Chris woke up the Thursday before Mother's Day and told me that he was taking the kids to a Gwinnett Braves game that morning.  All by himself.  I can't even imagine.  I just would NOT want to do that, so I was so grateful to him.  I told him to take lots of pictures because it was Violet's first "big" baseball game.  He only took a few.  When I asked why he didn't take more, he just gave me a "look".  Apparently Vi was a handful.  Ha!


The pictures he did take, however, are so precious.






I started off  my day at Divine, the ladies' Bible study at church.  It was our last meeting for the spring session.  I could write a whole other post about how great this particular Bible study was, and I probably will.  

Here are some of the women in my group. 
I love these girls!  They each have their own stories, and we all learned something from each other.  Three of them have been in my group for the past two sessions.  On the last day, we realized that they are the in-laws of one of my good friends.  We never knew it until then.  Such a small world.

After Bible study I went shoe shopping and then met a few friends for lunch.  So relaxing.  Lots of laughs.  Much needed conversations.  I want to go again!

After lunch I went to get my hair cut, which took a lot longer than I thought it would.  By the time I got home it was pretty late and Chris needed to go into work, so the kids and I hung out outside, went to Weezie's for burgers for a late supper, and then watched a few episodes of "The Haunting Hour".  They're into R.L. Stine lately.  I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.  

It was a really good day.  The best Mother's Day gift they could have given me and I really appreciated it. I was so relaxed and easy to get along with afterward.  :)

And I even got to go to the movies on the actual Mother's Day. 




No comments: