"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, May 12, 2014

Moms' Night Out

This year for Mother's Day, my sister and I wanted to do something a little different for our mom and our Granny.  Instead of "gifts", we treated them to the movies.  Of course, we saw "Moms' Night Out".  

Ladies, if you haven't already, go see this movie!  It's a winner on all counts-  humor, honesty, an inspirational message.  I haven't laughed so hard in a long, long time.

Since Chris had to work for  most of the day, my family got together for dinner cookout.  As soon as we were finished eating, us moms ran out to the car so we wouldn't be late.  Almost as nice as getting out to the movies was the fact that we didn't have to clean up a single dish from dinner.  The men did it all.  It was Mother's Day, after all.  

We met up with another mother-daughter pair at the theater and we all enjoyed the movie together.  

As is our custom, we took a group shot afterwards. Some of the greatest moms I know, from left to right:  my sister Lori, my Granny, my mom Susie, my friend Suzanne and her mother, Nancy.

Sarah Drew, who I already adored from watching Grey's Anatomy, did not disappoint me at all with her performance as Ally.  Neither did Patricia Heaton...what's not to love about a sassy preacher's wife who comes off as calm and cool but who's really a frazzled ball of nerves and stress on the inside, right?  Ha! I could totally relate to her character!

I must admit that I didn't really know much about this movie, apart from what my sister had told me.  So, I about jumped out of my skin when I saw Anjelah Johnson on the screen.  She's one of my absolute favorites and I always get really excited when I see her in a supporting role.  

My Mother's Day was a pretty good one.  Church, lunch with my kids, a nice nap, dinner with my family, and a night out.  Doesn't get much better!



No comments: