"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Firsts: Thanksgiving and Haircut

The kids and I had a really good day on Friday.  First of all, we had our first Thanksgiving meal of the season.  My friends Kendra and Cindy put together a Thanksgiving lunch for our homeschool group.  They did such a great job!  The activity room was beautifully decorated and the food was delicious.  I didn't take a single picture.  I was too busy talking and running after the kids.  All of the kids ate like kings…they love Thanksgiving food! I hope this meal becomes a tradition for our group!

We cut out a bit early from the Thanksgiving celebrations because Violet had an important appointment.  Her first haircut!  Her hair wasn't really long enough for a true haircut, but it needed a little shaping.  Especially in the back.  She was in danger of the infamous "baby mullet".  Ugh.  We had to stop this before it went too far!  Ha!

My friend Katrina offered to do the honors.  Thank you, Katrina!  I had the boys take pictures of the whole thing.  This was the best picture they took.

Most of the rest were blurry selfies.  Those stinkers were bored!  Anyway, Violet sat pretty still and didn't scream or cry.  Katrina was able to remove all traces of a mullet.  

Here's an "after" photo.  Violet's hair looks great,but how about Katrina's hair?  Isn't it gorgeous?

After the haircut, we had a pretty normal day.  A trip to the grocery store and then a visit with my sister and the cousins.  Later on my dad took both boys to see the Trojans play their last home game.  I'm pretty sure he deserves the "Wold's Best Pop" award for this.  It was a good day. 

No comments: