"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, November 17, 2013

$10.69

I had another one of those "God Moments" a few days ago, where he speaks to me SO clearly.  

I was in "worry mode".  Anyone else ever experience this?  I'm such a worry wart.  Always have been.  I worry about everything.  I'm getting better, but I still have my moments.  

I was driving into town on Friday in a quiet car.  I just had Violet with me and she was fast asleep.  I hardly ever have a quiet car anymore, and I used the time to pray.  I just finally flat out asked God to give me a sign that we(my family)are on the right track and that everything is going to be okay. What I wanted was an audible answer right there in my car.  I wanted God's voice in my ear.  Of course, that didn't happen.  So I went about my business.

My business at that point in time was purchasing a belt for Shaun's chorus outfit.  We had bought everything else the day before…pants, shoes, shirt.  But we forgot the belt.  That morning, as I was searching for something in my wallet, I found an old gift card from Ross. The balance on the card was $10.69.  I was excited because I figured I'd be able to find a belt for just a few dollars more than that.  I found a belt and took it up to the cashier.  She rang it up and the total was $10.69.  She laughed and said something like, "Your card had just enough.  That hardly ever happens."

I just smiled.  

And that my friends, was way better than God's audible voice in my ear.  Just sayin'.  




No comments: