"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Big ONE!

Sweet baby Violet, you turned ONE yesterday!  What a year it's been.  When we found out that you were a girl, I wasn't prepared for the wonderful upheaval you've caused in our house.  I watched as you turned your tough Daddy and big brothers into big softies with one look.  You rule the roost with them.  They love you.  They fight over who gets to pick you up from your crib after naps, they marvel at every new thing you do, and they always let you know how beautiful you are.  They love you!  We all do!

Again, I wasn't prepared for you...I was used to boys and wasn't sure how I would handle a girl.  Who knew picking out tutus, ballet flats, and hair  bows could be so much fun... I certainly didn't.  But it IS.  Fun.  Wonderful.  I love painting your toenails, trying to force you to keep your bows on your little head, and dressing you up.  I love watching you hug and love on your "Violet" dog and make a bed for your Winnie the Pooh out of a mixing bowl.  I love that you're sweet and loving one minute and rough and tumble the next.  You are the most perfect mix of sugar and spice.  You are perfect.  You are ours.  We are so thankful for you.  God has big plans and we have big dreams for you.  We love you to the moon and back.  Happy birthday, sweet girl!

No comments: