"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, August 19, 2013

Aslan's Book Fellowship

I'm finally in a book club.  Maybe I'm a big dork, but I've always wanted to be in a book club.  It's been a dream of mine since I was a little girl and I read my first chapter book... which was Me, My Goat and My Sister's Wedding, in case you were curious.  

My book club never happened because I never knew of a book club to join.  Sigh.

The other day, however, my friend Melissa invited me to join an online book club.  I was giddy with excitement and now I'm a proud member of Aslan's Book Fellowship.  Our first read is Anne of Green Gables, which I'm loving.  I can't believe I'm only just now reading it.  I loved it when the "Anne" movies came on PBS during their fundraising drives when I was little.  So funny.  I could relate to Anne because I loved to read, I was a little dramatic, my impulses got the best of me sometimes and I had a hard time being nice to myself.  Somethings never change, I guess.  

We're reading six chapters a week for the club and having discussions about what we read on Facebook.  Not exactly what I pictured when I thought of joining a book club... when I was little I imagined some friends sitting in front of a fire, our books and hot chocolate in hand, having discussions long into the night.  Welcome to social media! I love it, because there's no way I'd have time to join any other kind of book club!

So there you go.  I can cross one item off my Bucket List!

No comments: