"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Girl friends, face punches, and drugs. Oh, my!

Jordan has been so funny this week.  Here are a few of our conversations, to the best of my memory.

Jordan:  Mom.  What would you say if I had a girl friend?

Me:  You mean when you're older?

Jordan:  No.  Now.

Me:  You're too young to have a girl friend.

Jordan:  But if I did.  What would you say?

Me:  I'd say there's really no point in you having a girl friend since you don't have a job or a car.  Flash backs of Judah Smith sermons filled my mind.  Anybody remember that one?  J-O-B?  

Jordan:  Well I want one.  And just to let you know, I'm on the lookout.  



Here's one more, from later the same day.

Jordan: When Violet gets a boyfriend, I will tell him to leave my sister alone or I'll punch him in the mouth.

Me:  Wow, that's really harsh.  What if I said that to your girlfriend one day?

Jordan:  Mom, you could never say that.  Unless she was on drugs.  Then you could say it.  He then got up and ran out of the room.  

Me:  Wait.  What?!?!

I love this funny, feisty son of mine!   


No comments: