"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, June 9, 2013

13

Coming Home by:  Karen Kingsbury

Even though I've been over Karen Kingsbury for a few years now I decided to read this last book in the Baxter series because I just couldn't not find out how it all ends.  I invested a lot of time in the Baxter family over the years.  Time, tears, and laughter.  

The first half of this book was snooze-inducing.  I could barely stay awake while I was reading.  To be fair, it was boring to me because it was basically a recap of the "Redemption" series.  All of the Baxter kids and grandkids are coming back home to Indiana to celebrate their patriarch's birthday.  As each branch of the family was reintroduced, their story was retold.  I skimmed a lot.  

Then it came out of nowhere.  BAM!  Action.  Unexpected action.  Tear-jerking drama.  You better believe I cried like a baby.  Chris came home late one night to find me sobbing.  He thought someone had died or something, but I was just so upset over this book!  I won't give anything away, but Baxter Family fans- this is your warning to not attempt to read this book without a box of tissues and some ice cubes to reduce the swelling of your puffy eyes. 

No comments: