"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Heat

Here it is. The unavoidable post about the heat:

I'm over it.  It's so hot.  It's hot in the house.  From what I hear, it's extremely hot outside as well.  I can't speak from personal experience because I haven't actually left the house in 2 days.  The weather app on my phone states that it's still 91 degrees outside at 9:28 p.m.  

That's hot!  

I'm so thankful for our air conditioner.  It's working so hard.  It was running non-stop, so  I turned up the temperature to 77 degrees to give it a little break.  Maybe our power bill won't be out of this world.  I've spent the better part of the past two days laying on my bed with a box fan on high aimed right at me. 

We're all on edge.  The kids are fighting and I'm in a bad mood because I'm so uncomfortable.  I haven't been sleeping well. Not because of the heat, but because Violet decides to sit on my bladder at night.  Being so pregnant in the summer is an entirely new experience.  Next time, we'll plan for a winter baby.  Ha!

The good news:  I think the heat wave is supposed to break after tomorrow.  The 96 degree high for Monday's forecast sounds downright balmy.  I might even need to put another blanket on the bed.  Hee hee!

No comments: