"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Epic Fish Fail

Chris, Shaun, and my dad went fishing a few weeks ago.  They caught a ton of huge fish and of course they wanted to clean it and cook it and all that.  And of course, I had absolutely no idea how to go about doing any of it.  

So, Chris and Shaun took all of their fish over to Granny's house.  She helped them do whatever you do to freshly caught fish and even put them in a pan so we could freeze them.  As of Monday night, we still hadn't eaten the fish, so I suggested that he cook it up for our dinner.  We didn't have any cornmeal but we did have flour, milk, and eggs.  I imagined it would work just fine for frying fish.  

Only something went wrong.  

We aren't sure what.  The batter wouldn't stick to the fish.  It all stuck to the bottom of the pan instead.  This happened on every single piece of fish.  Finally, The Hubs asked if I had any onion.  He told me to cut it up and we'd have onion rings instead of the grossly prepared fish.  And that's what we did.  Our dinner consisted of fresh green beans, fresh corn on the cob, and onion rings.     Oh, and also some of the crusty fish batter.  I don't think we'll try to cook fish again any time soon.  Both Chris and I agreed that the next time he should just take the fish to Granny's house so she can cook it.  Live and learn!

No comments: