"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, December 12, 2011

oops! he did it again!

I'm pretty sure the Hubs is trying to start an off the wall Christmas tradition.

Remember this post from last year? This year's tree excursion was a little different. We still didn't manage to get a tree until 2 weeks before Christmas, but we did all go together to get our tree as a family.

Here's a shot of the boys in front of the tree they picked out.


And here's a shot of my three manly men carrying the tree back to the tree shaker thing.

The kids and I teased Chris all day long about last year's tree incident. As we turned onto our street that night with our tree I decided to get one more jab in. "Chris", I said. "Don't forget to park the car before you make it to the car port. We don't want any holes in our tree this year." In response, I received a murderous glare and these words: "Alright, Erin. You've been doing this all day. Would you just shut up about it already? I'm not going to mess up the tree again!"

He was really beginning to get angry at me, so I let it go. And then when we got home, he promptly drove the car (and our tree) under the car port. Again. I burst into laughter and yelled, "You did it again!"

Chris looked at me in disbelief and said, "Holy crap. I can't believe I just did that".

I couldn't stop laughing. Even when I got out of the car and saw that this time, he'd actually knocked the tree off of the car. I am, however, happy to report that there was no damage to the tree this year. Thank goodness.

No comments: