"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, December 15, 2011

my boys rock

Last weekend Chris asked Jordan if he wanted to play his guitar during the KidPak Jr service on Sunday. Jordan looked up at his dad with an expression of utter disbelief on his face and said, "Not with your band, Dad. I'm starting my own band. It's gonna be me, Christopher, Myles, Benjamin, and Elijah. And we're gonna rock, too!"

I guess Jordan's "real" band couldn't get it together on such short notice, because the next morning he did indeed play his guitar with his daddy and the rest of the KP7 band.

He was great! Even though he's just started with guitar lessons and wasn't allowed to play "plugged in" until he gets a little more practice, he still rocked it.

Later on that same evening we headed to Lula for the AMPED service. The hubs and his other band, Ambered Stripes, have the honor of ministering here one Sunday night each month. We have come to love this church and all the people in it. Chris asked Shaun if he wanted to help him lead worship. Have I mentioned lately that Shaun has a beautiful voice? Before long he'll be giving Chris a run for his money! He was glad to be able to worship on stage with his dad. And of course, he rocked his songs too.

Jordan was allowed to go up with his guitar again as well. This was the first time my three boys had been on stage ministering together. What a sweet sight it was. I'm so proud of them all.

Before service started, Chris had a talk with the kids and told them that they could only stay on stage for the praise songs. When the worship songs began, they had to come down in the audience. Because, let's face it. They're so stinkin' cute no one would be able to concentrate on worshiping because they wouldn't be able to tear their eyes away from all of that anointed adorableness. They both said they understood. But when Jordan came back down to sit with me he had tears in his eyes because, "Dad said I could play three songs and then he only let me play two! Wail, wail, siffle, sniffle".

I snuggled him up and he whimpered for a few more minutes before falling asleep in my arms. I guess he was a little tired.

I was sort of tired too, but it was a good tired. It was a good day.

No comments: