"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, December 4, 2011

on the time Generation Praise sang with Mac Powell

Today was a big day at church. Mac Powell was there. Yes, Mac Powell from Third Day. Not only did he sing, but he sang a song with Generation Praise. We had a lot of excited children on our hands! Us adults were pretty excited, too. I mean, it's not every day that your kid gets the chance to sing on stage with Mac Powell!

Shaun had been looking forward to this for awhile now. It was really easy to get him out of bed this morning, despite our late hours last night. We got to church super-early, warmed up, had a sound check, and then I watched from back stage as our kids ministered alongside the one and only Mac Powell. They were great, as usual. Even if they had to have a lecture after first service about proper stage decorum. You know. No picking your nose, biting your nails, staring at yourself on the big screen, or asking Mac Powell for an autograph on your way offstage. Ha ha!

I didn't get to watch the sound check because I was downstairs getting attendance reports together, but my friend Kendra took this shot. I love how all the kids are looking up at Mac in adoration. He was so good with all of them! They sang Children of God. This was the first time Mac Powell had ever sang this song with a kids' choir. Pretty awesome!

I got this photo from my friend Melissa.

I snapped this one myself. This is actually a picture taken of the screen from backstage. I think it's pretty cool, anyway.

It was a great day to be at church!

No comments: