"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, May 28, 2011

i feel like me again

"I am pressed but not crushed
Persecuted, not abandoned.
Knocked down but not destroyed.
I am blessed beyond the curse, for His promise has endured
And His joy's gonna be my strength.
Though sorrow may last through the night
Joy comes in the morning."

I don't know the name of this song, but its been in my head all day. I know that Jami Smith sings it. I first heard this song... probably 8 or 9 years ago when Chris and I were chaperones on our church's youth trip to SuperWow. Oh, yes. Anybody out there ever been to SuperWow? I went to this conference as a camper when I was a teenager. Then, when I grew up, my church decided that Chris and I were mature enough to accompany the youth group as responsible adults. I'm not sure what they were thinking!

We actually chaperoned several years. Jami Smith lead worship our first year. I loved her. Her music spoke to my soul. And it still does.

I've been in a rough place lately. Today, for the first time in several months, I feel like myself again. I guess I decided that this whole depression thing isn't all its cracked up to be. Or... maybe I started some medication a few weeks ago and its finally beginning to work. Either way, I'll take it.

I was driving into town with my family today and realized that I felt... good. I laughed a little. I love to laugh, and laughs have been rare lately. I even turned to Chris and said, "You know, I feel better today than I've felt in a long time". His response? "I can tell and I'm so glad. Welcome back".

It's good to be back. I'm so glad that "morning" is here... and the joy that comes along with it.

2 comments:

passionlady said...

really glad you are back to feeling okay again. it gets so deep when one falls into that hole. I know what your saying for real... many of us are in that place or have been or struggle with going in and out .. you have to be able to be okay...love you jo

Anonymous said...

Erin,
What a good friend I am...I had no idea you were struggling so. I think that it is so easy to be in a deep place when you are such a Godly person. It is like oil and water don't mix, so it does not make sense for one to be depressed if God is such a factor in our lives, but just b/c oil and water don't mix doesn't mean they can't be poured together in the same container! Good for you to get the help you need. I know that you will get your smile back! I am going to pray for you and your wonderful family. May you feel blessed and loved! Love you babe! Your long lost HH friend!