"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, May 20, 2011

Arrrrrr!


The Hubs and I had a date with Shaun tonight. All four of us had planned a trip to the theater... because Pirates of the Caribbean 4 opened today. At the last minute, Jordan decided he'd rather spend the evening with his cousins and grandparents. So it was just the three of us. It was nice. It had been a while since we'd been anywhere with just Shaun. I think he loved the attention he got. We went to dinner, where he ordered off the adult menu. No more kiddie menus for him, since he's eleven now.

After we'd eaten, we met some friends at the theater. These friends of ours... they're special! They're fun and unique and quirky. And best of all, they love Jesus. What more could we ask for? When we first made plans to see this movie together, months ago, said friends told us that they were going to dress up as Pirates for the movie. I didn't really take them seriously. I should have known better!

When we entered the almost empty theater (way before the movie was scheduled to begin) we were greeted with

"Arrrrrr!"

and

"You scallywags!"

and the like by our friends in their pirate garb. What fun! Even though Chris and I were seriously underdressed. At least Shaun wore an eye patch!

The movie was great. It was my first 3D movie ever, and I was greatly impressed. Movies will never be the same for me again!

Here are some (really awful iPhone) pictures from our night. I really need to start bringing my "real" camera with me when we go out.





1 comment:

Mrs. Nesbitt said...

Avast! The next time we tell ye to wear your scurvy pirate garb, you best be puttin' it on, mate! You don't want to be walking the plank, do you? Arrr!