"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 5, 2010

And everything went swimmingly, just swimmingly!

We swam a lot today. I mean, a LOT. Chris was off today, so he promised the boys a trip to Frances Meadows. Actually, bribed would be a better way to put it. We bribed Jordan with a trip to Frances Meadows if he behaved himself during nursing home visitations this morning. And it worked, so off we went.

We made it to the water park at 1:00. The kids (and the Hubs) swam. Jordan had a blast on the splash pad. Shaun swam 4 laps without stopping. Both kids frolicked in 12 feet of water. I freaked out a little, but they both surprised me with their skills. We ran into several friends from church, and one of them blessed us with four free passes. I was also able to visit with Chris' aunt for awhile, which was nice. We've never really been able to talk before.

Great times until 5:00. That's four hours, in case anyone's wondering. We left and stopped by my parents' house on the way home, where the kids went swimming AGAIN, for 2 more hours. One would think, with all the swimming, hot weather, and sun we endured, that my babes would have been ready for bed a long time before now. I know I was ready for bed around 9! But, they just now fell asleep. At 11:50. I'm anticipating a late wake up time tomorrow!

Seriously, today was great. We had a four day weekend with Chris, which doesn't happen very often. In fact, I'm kind of spoiled now. I'm gonna be sad when he leaves for work in the morning. Well, truthfully, I expect to be blissfully unaware when he leaves. But when I wake up, I'll be sad that he's gone. Really.

No comments: