"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



I did NOT completely forget that I promised my sister I'd baby-sit for her so that she could take her other children into the doctor's office for a check-up. When she called me that morning to say that she was on the way to drop off said children, I did NOT fail to answer her phone call because I was helping Shaun with his reading, thinking she was just calling to chat. My forgetfulness did NOT cause her to end up in an exam room with three children, one of which who pitched a screaming fit. I would never do that to her! Not Me!



I did NOT drop a dinner plate on top of my husband's iPhone, causing it's screen to look like this:





I did NOT address all of my kids' valentines myself at midnight the night before their Valentine Party. I also did NOT look at the list of names for about five minutes and, after envisioning the utter chaos that could potentially emerge from both boys trying to find every single individual person to deliver their individual valentine, decide to simply address each Valentine like so:

To: My Friend
From Shaun (or Jordan)

Not Me! I would never take the easy way out!




And finally...If you know me, you know that I DETEST food dyes. They make my children go nuts. I try to avoid them at all costs. So, I did NOT give in and let Jordan eat something that made his mouth look like this:

on the way home from our Valentine Party, just so he'd stop all the whining/crying/screeching. Not Me! I have nerves of steel and realize that if I give in to such behavior, he'll do it all the time, just to get his way.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loved your "Not Me" post! I can top your iPhone mishap, I RAN OVER my husbands blackberry. Needless to say he was not happy....but, hey it was an accident. And why would anyone put a blackberry in the drive way anyway? Hehe.

Yellow House said...

Oh no about the Iphone! I am so clumsy, I'd probably do the same thing. Fun post. Thanks for sharing!