"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Get-Togethers

We've been "getting together" with old friends lately. And when I say "old", I'm referring to the amount of time we've known a particular friend. I am definitely not referring to the age of any one of these friends. Although one of us has recently officially become a grandma!

Anyway.

We spent Saturday night with our friends Ben and Jada. We love them and miss them so much that we drove clear across the state in the pouring rain just to spend the evening with them. Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little bit about the drive. But it was worth it! We had a wonderful dinner, and these great friends of ours even made a portion of Chicken Alfredo with rice noodles just for our boys. Wow. I can't tell you what that meant to me.

The food was great, but the company was better. This wonderful couple has become a source of encouragement and support for Chris and myself. And I just love Jada to death. What can I say about her? She just "gets" me. And I hope she feels that I "get" her. I am so blessed to have her as my sister in Christ. I absolutely cannot wait to see them again in December. And then again in January!

I did bring my camera along on Saturday night, but I didn't get many pictures. Here's one of some of the kids.



Today the kids and I met 2 of my childhood friends and their kids at the park. We had a great time! Even Shaun...who was not thrilled about playing with "babies"....was the perfect gentleman and was quickly adored by almost every child at the park! He was great with all the little ones.

I love the fact that Mandy, Kelli, and I grew up together. Not only that, but our parents have known each other for years. And now our kids are following in our footsteps. This is one of the good things about living in a small town. I'm already looking forward to next week, when we're getting together again.

Here are some pictures of our outing:





1 comment:

Jean Stockdale said...

Sweet MOM-I would like to invite you to join us for an online Bible study for MOMMAS on the book of Ephesians. We are using my Bible study workbook called “High Stepping in Heavenly Places.” The 10-week study began Sept.24. so it’s not too late to join in. A workbook is available (but not required) with homework. You will also be able to watch a 45-minute weekly video or download a podcast of the message (at no charge), and then share in an online discussion with other moms. Interested. My studies are non-denominational and perfect for all MOMS with toddlers, tweens, teens, or turning 'em loose. I hope you will consider joining in. I would count it a privilege to encourage and inspire you with the Word of God in the fine art of Christian mothering. Check it out at http://highsteppinginheavenlyplaces.wordpress.com. Blessings. jean

http://jeanstockdale.typepad.com