"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, October 5, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I know that it is so irresponsible to place items of value in one's back pockets instead of securing them in a purse or wallet. So NO WAY did I do this anyway while at the mall last Friday. And, since I DIDN'T place my entire family's movie tickets in the back pocket of my jeans, there's NO WAY that I lost them.

I did NOT become totally addicted to the "Twilight" saga. I realize that there are, in fact, no such things as vampires or werewolves, and that it would be silly to get caught up in such a thing. So, I did NOT stay up way, way past my bedtime reading. NOT ME! I also did NOT show up for Bible study minus my Bible and workbook, but with my new copy of Twilight tucked down in my purse, for later reading at Chick- fil- a (while the children played on the playground). I did NOT sit through my Bible study hoping that no one would see my book sticking out of my purse. NOT ME!

I did NOT rush through my morning and lunchtime routines in order to get Shaun to his physical therapy appointment on time today. I did NOT actually make it there on time, for once. So, I was NOT unpleasantly surprised to learn that our therapist had to leave early today due to a problem with her own children. When this happened, the receptionist did NOT forget to call me and let me know. So...I did NOT simply shrug off this news, reason that everyone makes mistakes, and chalk the receptionist's oversight up to a "Case of the Mondays". NOT ME! I'm way too high-strung and over-emotional to let something like that go!

No comments: