"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Parties!

Our family spent the day going to parties today. At least, 3 of us did. Shaun decided to stay with my parents, opting out of Jordan's friend Destiny's 5th birthday party. He was missed, but I know he still had a good time.

Here are some pictures from today:

We started out at Free Chapel, for Destiny's 5th birthday party.

Here's the birthday girl. I met Destiny back when she was 3 years old in my class at church.

These sweet girls were guests at the party, and also my former "students". I love them all!



Jordan was pretty much the only boy his own age at this party. I don't think he liked that too well. Which is why he spent most of his time by himself.




After we said goodbye to Destiny and her wonderful family, we headed across the street to our friend Naysia's "Berry Bound Celebration". I met Naysia last summer during Summer Xtreme. We hit it off and became great friends, in spite of our age difference. Maybe that's because I'm not very mature! She was also one of Jordan's teachers at church, last year when he was two years old. Our family has become so attached to Miss Naysia and we'll miss her so much!

Here I am with Naysia.


I think that Jordan was more than just a little tired out from Destiny's party by the time we arrived at Naysia's. That's why he was doing this:

And this:


And this:



He even had the nerve to snub the guest of honor!


Can you tell he's trying his best to wriggle out of her arms?!

He was one grouchy dude...until we gave him some cake. Then he sat quietly, happy and content, for a good 15 minutes.








We were feeling kind of sorry for Shaun because he missed out on such a great time today. Then we got back to my parents' house and saw that Shaun and my nieces were having a party of their own:





We finally called it a night after eating dinner with the family. What a great day!

No comments: