"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Third Day of School

So, today is Jordan's third day of K12.  To be clear, I have been homeschooling him on my own up until this week.  His courses weren't available to us until this past Monday, which was his official start date.  

Monday.  Just thinking about Monday makes me want to cry.  It was, without a doubt, one of the worst days I've ever  had.  It was just terrible!  I wanted to quit and do something else.  I was this close to doing just that, but I didn't.  

I know the first day is always the hardest, but there was just so much "busyness" to take care of.  I had to figure out where he was in the curriculum, since he started midyear.  We had to figure out computer software.  I literally ran from child to child the entire day.  And I cried three times.  

Basically, Jordan took up so much time that I felt like I was ignoring the other two.  Shaun was okay for the day, but Violet cried for me to play/have a tea/party/read with her all day long.  

So much guilt.  

Every homeschooling mom's nightmare.

I even emailed Jordan's homeroom teacher and told her I was freaking out.  She assured me that the first day is always hectic and that it would get easier.  

And, yesterday was a little smoother.  

Today is going along just fine.  

Everybody seems to be adjusting and I can breathe.  Also, I have time right now to write this post.  I should be folding laundry instead, but that will just have to wait.  

No comments: