"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Already a Whirlwind

Well, 2016 has proven to be a whirlwind already, even at only 19 days in.  

The biggest thing is that we decided to withdraw Jordan from his school after Christmas.  For a lot of reasons, the main one  being that he just wasn't happy there.  The unhappy issue has been going on for a while and I just couldn't do it anymore.  So, the morning school was back in session, we made the decision and Jordan didn't go. And everyone was happy.  

Well, I'm stressed.  

I'd agonized over this for weeks.  Lost sleep.  I spent the whole month of December worrying about this.  

The plan is to send him to public school next year, so he can play sports.  In the meantime, I'm homeschooling all three of my children again.  This is NOT what I wanted, but it's what needs to happen, so I'm dousing myself in prayer and Young Living Lavender and I'm doing okay.  :)

We enrolled Jordan in K12 for the rest of the school year.  His official first day is supposed to be next Monday.  I faxed in documents and they weren't received, so I had to send them in again.  We lost a week doing that.  No we're approved but we don't have our supplies yet.  Today, I was  hit with the bomb that I would have to administer 4 placement tests.  We knocked 2 of them out today and all of those reasons why I'm not a huge fan of public school are screaming in my face.  

Of course, it is January, so Chris and I are fasting.  Last year our fasting prayers were answered and Chris got a full time job.  This year, we're fasting about some pretty important life changing things.  That's all I can say  now.  I was driving myself nuts playing Devils Advocate and "what if we do this" but now I'm just exhausted from all of the not knowing and I've given it to God.  I know He knows what's best and He'll reveal it to us when He's ready.  

In other news, Shaun will be turning 16 in a about a month.  I can't even believe it.  

So, that's January so far. 

No comments: