"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, April 15, 2016

Two Months Later...

How has it been two months since I've been here?  Not just HERE, on my blog, but I haven't  been keeping up with everyone else's, either.  We've just been so busy, so much has happened, and  now I'll probably forget about it all since I didn't write it down.  :(

The main things I wanted to get down are the boys' birthdays.  We've celebrated big ones... 10 and 16.  

Jordan turned 10 way back on January 28th.  He wanted Little Debbie snack cakes for breakfast, so that's what he had.  


I gave him the day off of school, so he spent the morning playing his new Madden game and then we met Chris for lunch at Wild Wing, the birthday boy's choice. 


Of course, there was wrestling practice that night and Jordan didn't want to miss.  Practice ended with a birthday dog pile.


Then, finally, we had cake and presents with the family.  My mom made a strawberry chocolate ice cream cake and it was delicious.



About a month later, Shaun turned 16.  Oh, my goodness, I still can't really believe it.  I did all of my crying and reminiscing the night before, so I was ready to celebrate with him on THE DAY.  

Chris was off, and I gave the boys another day off from school.  We slept late and then went out for breakfast at Longstreet.  

We came back home to relax and we let Shaun open his present from us, which was an Apple watch.  He really wanted one, and I loved watching the look on his face when he opened it.  A little bit later, we dropped Violet off with my Granny and then we (Shaun, Jordan, Chris, and myself) went to the movies.  We saw The Boy.  

It was creepy and the girl who plays Maggie in The Walking Dead was in it, which is why Shaun wanted to see it so  badly, I think.  :)  Whatever the reason, we all liked it and then we met my parents for dinner at Outback. 

Here's a picture of Shaun with  my mom during dinner. 

Ahhh, he looks so grownup!

Later on that night, we met up for cake and presents with the rest of the family.

That was on Tuesday, Shaun's actual birthday.  The following Sunday we celebrated big time with a surprise party.  I was a nervous wreck, or course.  I always forget how stressful planning an event can be, but it was worth it.  The party was a huge success and Shaun had such a good time.  So many people came, current friends and also folks who we don't see as much as we'd like anymore  but who are still an important part in our lives.  

It was a great day and I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Most of the pictures are on Chris' computer, and I'll try to post them later.  I have this one, though, of my handsome 16 year old.  I'm so proud of him and love him so!

No comments: