"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Big 1-5

Shaun...my baby, my first-born...turned 15  years old last week and I still can't wrap my head around how in the world this happened so fast!

He's grown so much over this past year.  Physically- he's TALL!  Way taller than me or his dad, of course, but he's also passed my sister.  That's pretty tall!  And it doesn't look like he's slowing down any time soon.  He's grown in other ways, too.  Emotionally, intellectually, spiritually.  He's one of the most kind-hearted people I've ever known.  He loves the Lord and he loves serving at church.  He's still taking piano lessons and he's getting better and better-  he wrote  his first song a a few months ago and he's been perfecting it.  It's beautiful!  

He's also following in his dad's footsteps and learning how to run sound at church.  He gets up super early every Sunday to go in with Chris and help with the sound system for our kids' service.  Chris is so proud, he says Shaun has a good ear and knows how to make it sound right.  I don't know much about that, but Chris does, so I'll take his word for it.  

Sometimes we will be talking and it's like I'm not talking to my child anymore.  More like a friend.  He's growing up!  He finally convinced me to "just try 1 season" of The Walking Dead.  Now I'm hooked, so we have lots of good talks about that!  

He's come so far from that little miracle baby I gave birth to 15 years ago.  Sometimes his baby days seem like they happened eons ago, and other times the years seem to have passed in the blink of an eye.  

Shaun, your dad and I love you and are so proud of you!

As his age progresses, Shaun is hating posing for pictures more and more, but here are a few from the past few weeks.

I think he's quite handsome!




Most of the time I get a goofy, scrunched up face or a grunt when I ask for a picture, so I'm always glad to get a good one!

I can't wait to see what this next year brings for Shaun.  

No comments: