"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving 2014 is in the books.  So much food!  We ate 5 Thanksgiving meals total.   Not all in the same day, thankfully, but I'm scared to step on the scale.  It was worth it, though.  We had a very nice holiday spent with our friends and family, counting our blessings.  

I didn't take many pictures, but here's a rundown of our many Thanksgivings, if you're interested!

1.  Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family.  This was held last Sunday at my parents' house.  We usually have this get-together at Granny's house, but we've outgrown her home!  All of us 4 cousins are either married of have a significant other, and 3 of us have kids.  So we upgraded to mom's house.  My contribution?  I went in with my sister and purchased the ham.

2.  Thanksgiving lunch at Chris' work on the Tuesday before Turkey Day.  A very nice time and lots of good conversation with our church family.  I was a little nerve-wracked at the idea of my kids eating in the office-  no one spilled anything on the carpet, though.  Ha!  And I had the best turkey I've ever eaten.  It was cooked in a crock pot.  I must get the recipe.  We brought cheesy mashed potatoes!

3.  Thanksgiving Day with The Shadburns at Chris' Granny's.  Again, a very nice time.  The kids all played with their cousins and we adults caught up with our family that we hadn't seen in awhile.  There's always lots of craziness going on over there.  The good kind, of course!

Goofy cousins.  Ha!

Violet finally warmed up to Cousin Terry.  She was scared of him but finally allowed him to hold her!  And Shaun is now the proud owner of that hairy hat.  Don't ask!

I'm thankful for him!

Oh, and I brought some chocolate pecan brownies to this meal.  Store-bought but still a big hit!

4.  Thanksgiving night with my mom's family. This was held at my "baby" cousin Lindsey's new home.  She was so gracious to open it up to our brood!  We spent lots of time admiring, laughing, catching up, and of course, eating.  I love my cousins!  I made mac and cheese in the crock pot.  My first time making this recipe and I just winged it.  It was good!  

5.  Friendsgiving at Elia's house.  My friend Elia decided to start a new tradition this year, and I'm so glad she did.  I had never heard of Friendsgiving before but it's a great idea!  Chris wasn't feeling well on Friday so he and Shaun stayed home.  Jordan, Violet, and I had a great time.  After we ate, the adults talked and the kids played.  Very relaxing and low key.

Jordan and Halle.  I hope they're friends forever!

For this last Thanksgiving meal, I brought fruit and a veggie tray.  

As I type this up, it hits me just how blessed we really are!

No comments: