"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christmas Tree 2014

Today, for the first time ever, we decorated our tree before Thanksgiving!

I know, I know.

I am a huge boycotter of all things Christmas before Thanksgiving.  But today, it just seemed right.  Chris was off.  We didn't have church.  So we just did it.  It was even my idea.  And I listened to Christmas music in the car.  What can I say?  I'm just feeling especially Christmassy this year.  

Even though we didn't get to go to a tree farm this year, I still took pictures!



I'm sure the employees at Lowe's thought we were the biggest dorks.  Ha!

These pictures remind me of The Brady Bunch... some of us are dressed for winter and some look like it's summer time outside. 

Chris remembered that we needed some new lights and a few more ornaments this year, so we went shopping first.  We each picked out a new ornament.  Violet picked a pretty pink purse.

She really liked it.  I thought we were going to have trouble actually getting it up on the tree, but we didn't.

We still need to get a new topper and a tree skirt.  I'll post a picture once the tree is completed.  In the meantime, just be assured that it's very pretty.  

I think we might have started a Smith Family Tradition this year.  

No comments: