"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Just Slightly Transparent

 A few months ago I decided that I was tired of being fat.  So tired, in fact, that I joined the YMCA.  I have never, ever done such a thing before.  Ever.  Last September I started walking at the track with my sister. I'm pretty sure that the last time I had exercised was back in high school when my PE teacher made me do it.  It's not my thing.  

But, I decided recently that being unhealthy is really the thing that's not my thing.  God didn't create me to be this way.  The Bible says that I am wonderfully made, but the truth of the matter is that I don't feel wonderful about the way I look.  I don't even feel okay about it.  At all.  

So, we joined the gym at the beginning of the summer.  I've been diligent and I'm seeing some results.  Not as quickly as I would like, but I'm making progress.  

Awhile back, I started another blog.  A weight loss blog.  It's honest, and it's private.  I made a deal with myself that I would open it up to the "public" when I hit a certain goal.  I have a long way to go before I hit that goal, but I am getting closer.  And I need some support.  I know lots of people who are losing weight, or attempting to do so.  So, here's what I decided.  If you'd like to read the other blog, send me your email address and I'll send you an invite.  I'm not trying to be cliquey or selective.  I need some camaraderie from people who are going through this with me and I'm just not ready to shout all of my struggles with weight from the rooftops.  Yet.  One day, when I have a weight loss success story to add to my testimony, I most definitely WILL shout it from the rooftops.  

So, this is my attempt to be slightly transparent.  Maybe someday soon I'll be transparent all the way.  :)

3 comments:

Honey said...

Add me, please! I need to jump back in, too. tonya dot wehunt at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Erin, I'm so proud of you!! I saw you last Wednesday and noticed you have lost weight, I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to tell you! I will be praying for you, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Let me know if I can help in any way :) love, cindy

Erin S. said...

Cindy! Thank you! And Tonya, you're the one who inspired me to lose weight in the first place!