"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, August 10, 2014

School, teeth, etc.

Things are starting to get busy around our house.  School's about to start.  On Tuesday.  That's when Jordan's school starts, so Shaun and I will just start then, too.  

Shaun's busy with church stuff, choir, his volunteering, and fundraising for church camp.  Football is in full swing for Jordan. I'm trying to get everyone everywhere and still make it to the gym.  I'm tired, and school hasn't started yet!  

Jordan had open house at his new school last week.  He's a lot excited and a little nervous.  

He also doesn't want us to walk him in on the first day.  I say, "We'll see about that".

Shaun woke up yesterday with a swollen jaw.  He had his wisdom removed 5 weeks ago, so I don't really think it could be related to that.  I googled it...just swelling, no pain, hot to the touch... and I think he has an abscess.  Some further research on abscessed teeth put me in a panic and I called his dentist, who doesn't even have an after hours emergency answering service.  I then gave Shaun's oral surgeon a call, who does have an after-house emergency answering service.  The doctor called back in about five minutes, called in an antibiotic, and told me to make an appointment with the dentist tomorrow.  That's what we'll do.  Poor Shaun looks miserable.  I would never post a picture on here, but his cheek is so big.  He says he's not in any pain and he's had a good appetite all day, but he didn't want to go to church today.  I respected his wishes and left him home.  

Of course, we have to have some kind of issue for the first week of school!


No comments: